Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Well, at least it's done....

I've been on the phone with Dexcom, Blue Cross, and my endo's office for 2 hours now. Apparently I have NOT been denied as first thought by the EOB I received from them stating nothing would be covered for the Dexcom. Someone dropped the ball and lost my "Letter of Medical Necessity" and the insurance company did not have it on file. Doctors office said Dexcom had it on file, Dexcom said they sent it, but Blue Cross didn't have it. So I just had my Endo's office fax a new copy of it directly to Blue Cross with ATTN: to the woman I spoke with personally on the phone. (Lynn) Hopefully she will receive it and get it into the hands where it belongs. I will try to call back on Thursday or Friday and make sure it was received though. I hate how long this process takes. It's frustrating. But at least there is still hope that it will be somewhat covered. I'd LOVE some more sensors so I could monitor my sugars more closely at night. It puts my mind at ease from those scary hypo's that I don't seem to awake to anymore till it's almost too late.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I hope you get this worked out soon. I know it's frustrating. But hopefully, it will be worth it when it's all resolved. Good luck!