Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Good News!

Doctor D called bright and early this morning to let me know that my A1c is was 6.8%. This number is very consistent with the 6.9% that my A1c Homecheck test result gave me. =)

My thyroid, kidney, and liver function was all perfectly normal as well.

This becomes more and more of a relief as the years go by. August 30th will be my 20 year anniversary of having Type 1.

In other news, there was a shooting in our neighborhood yesterday morning with lots of police and helicopters to boot!! It was quite scary, and a little exciting. Justin and I have decided to take a concealed weapons course and buy a gun. (That will be stored in a VERY childproof locked box and out of reach location) I felt pretty defenseless without a weapon and all kinds of craziness going on. We've lived here almost 4 years and have never seen ANY crime at all in our little ole neighborhood. The homeowner was the one that actually did the shooting though.... he shot the burglar (who was working on his third home!) in his foot! I love it! Take that you thief!

Franklin is going to his first vet appointment today. We need to get him on some heart worm preventatives and flea meds.

No comments: