I was tagged by Suzanne AND Naomi AND Kelly ---- some of my wonderful Diabetes Blog Buddies to share 10 strange things about myself.
Ok, here are the rules: After you are tagged, you write a blog about 10 strange, odd and unknown facts, habits or goals about yourself. After you are done, you pick 6 new people to tag and list their names, why you tagged them, and then leave a message for them saying that you have tagged them and they need to read your blog! You can't tag the person who tagged you, that would be cheating! But let that person know that you have posted your blog so that they can read all of your fun little tidbits!
1) I randomly hear steel drum music playing in my head. Maybe I'm trying to escape my sometimes mundane stay-at-home-life and begin to slip into Windy World which includes a Caribbean Island and lots of tequila? Or maybe it's just the fact that my BlackBerry ring is a little tropical song and it seems like someone's always calling me!
2) I am obsessed with my feet. Yes, okay this might not be a new fact to many of my closest friends. But I REALLY REALLY try hard to take care of my feet. I constantly have them soaking in my foot spa, or paint them, exfoliate them. I really like my feet and I don't want them cut off someday or looking icky like many diabetic's feet I've seen. Well, pictures anyways.... I don't exactly go around to random diabetics and say,"Hey, can I see your feet?" That's just weird.
3) I refuse to watch the movie Steel Magnolias simply because I know the diabetic dies in it.
4) I have perfect pitch. I can sing a note out of the air on request. I learned how to do this in college after taking a sight singing and ear training class and realized my speaking voice when I say, "hello?" when my phone rings is B just under middle C, then I can go up or down in half notes (or octaves if it's a note far away from that B) to find whatever note you want me to sing. I know... I had waaaay too much free time.
5) I am terrified of clowns. Like panic attack terrified. I'm not sure why. I've never seen IT. They just simply freak me out.
6) I always smack the side of my car door lightly before I close it because it seems like I always get some type of static shock when I'm shutting the car door. And I also do this when I'm opening the freezer doors in the grocery stores! I ALWAYS get shocked! What can I say? I'm electric. hee hee
7) When I'm at church I play the air piano on the back of the chair in front of me while we are standing and singing in worship. My fingers just automatically do this. It's weird and I can't stop it.
8) I can't cut a straight line. I have a hard time walking one too. And I really don't drink very often at all!! Honest!
9) Recently I have become really obsessed with couponing. To the point where I almost can't buy something unless I have a coupon or CVS Extra Care Bucks for it. By the way... I got a $50 giftcard from CVS yesterday for transferring my insulin and Synthroid to it. Now I can avoid Walgreens altogether! Whoo hoo! Have I mentioned I haven't paid for diapers in a month?
10) I am a binge scrapbooker. My stuff sits around for like a year and takes up space... and then I do a whole album in like 3 days by working on it every free second I get.
OK..... I tag
StephanieG- Because we are so alike and I want to read yours to see if you're weirder than me.
Bethany- Because you are REALLY REALLY quirky and I can't WAIT to read your answers.
Johnnie- Because you're the mother of the quirky girl mentioned above and the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree...right? ;-)
Charity- Because I know you'll take this theme and run with it and I'll get a great laugh!!
Dae- hopefully you haven't been tagged yet! You're such a fun sweet gal! I want to see your answers!