Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pump Vacation

      I haven't written here in almost a year, but I thought I'd pop in and say hello to the blogosphere!  I have been in and out of town since the first week of June on several youth ministry trips and playing in a youth worship band.  It's been an incredibly FUN and EXHAUSTING Summer.   As this Summer comes to a close, Hunkalicious and I have decided to go on a kidless weekend CRUISE to the Caribbean to celebrate our 9th anniversary!  (Can I get a Whoop Whoop?)

    So what major milestone prompted me to blog after almost a year of silence? Well, I have taken off my insulin pump for the first time since 1999 when I got my first pump!! It is SO WEIRD!  I have literally thought to myself, "Where is my pump!?!?" like 100 times in the last few hours!  It's like losing a major appendage.  My pump has literally been attached to my body without more than a couple hours break for 13 years.  I have checked my blood sugar about 10 times because I'm convinced I'm gonna get crazy high, but so far so good!

 I have followed closely my endo's instructions for using a Lantus pen and Humalog shots.

  I planned on going on this pump vacation for the cruise, but thought it would be smart to give it a test run before I'm 1,000 miles from home on a big boat.  :)   I will also bring my pump for back up if anything goes haywire.


No comments: