Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Bullet Post To Procrastinate The Big Post



A lot of things are going on and I barely have time to sit and write, but I need to get them out. So here's a quick update.

* I was diagnosed with Stage 1 chronic kidney disease two weeks ago after failing multiple urine tests. Suck.

* I've been encouraged by lots of people online who have lived with it for YEARS without it progressing past stage 2. I have an appointment with my endo on the 12th to get further testing and information.

* I became a vegetarian on Friday. So far so good.

* I have so much energy I don't know what to do with myself.

* My basil rate has been decreased by 9 units so far.

* I was expecting the energy, but didn't realize what mental clarity would come along with it.

* I still lost my keys this morning and they were in my purse even though I swore I had left them at Beef O Brady's last night.

*So much for mental clarity.

* I committed to train for a half marathon on December 12th.

*My ultimate goal is to run a full marathon in the Spring of 2011.

* Have I mentioned I've never even run a 5k before?

* Running is a frigging expensive sport.

* My husband and some of the kids in our youth group committed to go to Zambia, Africa to install bio sand filters with activewater.org in May of 2011. Thus the reasoning behind running 26.2 miles.

* It gives me a mild anxiety attack every time I think about running 26.2 miles. Help me Jesus.

* The online running community is like a wicked awesome cult. I got sucked in hard and fast.

* We started a ragamuffin running club. I love the people who show up. Even if they walk half the time like me. Cheers to trying.





If you'd like to help us in our efforts to buy as many sand filters as possible for these amazing people please click the button below. 100% of your donations will go directly to ActvieWater!


No comments: