Friday, March 6, 2009
My New Addiction... The Spaghetti Squash
Hello. My name is Windy and I'm a squash-a-holic. I've been "Tweeting" and "Face Book Status-ing" about my love for eating spaghetti squash and lots of people have been asking me how I make it, so I thought I'd write up a recipe! It's very simple, DELICIOUS, and low carb... and you can change it as you like. HERE is a link for the carb count from plain squash (not including toppings)
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Take the squash and cut it in half long ways.
3. Scoop out all the pulp and all the seeds.
4. Take some EVOO and rub it all over the inside of both squash, then you add some salt and pepper
5. Take the squash and place them on a cookie sheet rind side up and bake for about 30-45 min depending on how big and
thick the squash is. Just keep your eye on it and when it starts to get a little brown on the bottom and it's sizzleing and
tender, it's done.
6. Flip it over and take a fork and start to move it back and forth, it will start to shread up the inside so it looks like spaghetti
You can eat it just like this. Or you can add spaghetti meat, or cheese, or parmasean or whatever to the top!