Monday, June 22, 2009

Blood Stain Tip

Hey Diabetics and Windy fans. It's been almost a MONTH since I've blogged! We are in the middle of a hectic move and my mind is in a million places!! Anyways, after a quick blood test today I realized I stained my brand new tank top with a little blood from my finger and I was pretty ticked. I got home and googled blood stains and found a nice little tip on eHow if you ever find yourself in the same predicament. I think this only works if you have NOT already washed and dried the clothing. (Fresh stains)

Pour hydrogen peroxide on the stain. Then pour salt on top of that. Wait 30 minutes and then wash! And it's gone! I scratched off the salt before I put it in the washer and I could see that it had turned red and pulled out the stain. A-may-zah-zing!

I will try to give you a more in depth update soon! FYI: The upped Synthroid dosage seems to be helping with my energy levels. =) So hooray for that!

4 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Great to hear from you - I'm so glad that you're feeling better with the thyroid levels back to normal!

Lora said...

Yay for the Synthroid help! And thanks for the tip. As someone who tests on her arm, most of my long-sleeve shirts get a dose of blood now and then. I've been doing the old cold-water overnight soak and ending up with faint pink circles. I'm going to try this one...

Jen said...

Windy,
I came across your blog through sixuntilme.com. I too am a Christian, was diagnosed with Diabetes at the age of 8, and am 28 now. My husband and I have been married for a little over a year and are looking to hopefully get pregnant in about 4 years or so. I'm looking into getting a cgm right now. My numbers are not where they should be right now and, the thought of getting pregnant seems impossible at the moment. I'm a little discouraged and would love to hear your thoughts, advice, wisdom, etc from your experience of having kids. IF you have the time, could you drop me a line???? jenniferlynnenger@gmail.com

THANKS!!!!

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

Hurry back. Best wishes.