Thursday, April 9, 2015

Whole30 Day 26- The Pickle Saga

Not a perfect day.  It was until the fried pickles.

B-  Fruit, Coffee, Water.  I was chugging the water today

L- LaCroix, Carrots and Celery, Cashews, Sweet potato chips, a red plum... I snacked my way through the day without much protein because I need to go grocery shopping which led to my.....

HANGRY LET'S GET IN THE CAR AT 4:45 FROM WORK AND DRIVE DOWN THE BLOCK TO TEXAS ROADHOUSE NOM NOM NOM...

attitude.

Luckily we were there with a few of our 55+ early bird friends, which led to quick service and great prices.   I ordered a water.  Kids got arnold palmer's  (Gabe thought it was funny that he was drinking an Arnold Palmer and the Golf Channel was on the TVs.)   Zoe on the other hand couldn't get over how awesome it was that she was allowed to throw her peanut shells all over the floor.

Zoe ate 4 rolls with that puffy hydrogenated honey butter in front of me.  Then she asked for more.  HAHA!

Justin finally arrived, but it was too late... I had already ordered fried pickles thinking... My kids will LOVE these!

Zoe thought they were gross.   Gabe ate like 3 and said... eh.   Which left the whole basket.

I probably ate about half of it.

Ugh.

Then I ordered a 6 oz. medium staeak with onions and steamed brocolli and a plain sweet potato.
THAT WAS AWESOME.

I didn't eat bread.  I didn't gorge on pickles.  And I stuck to my ice water.   I'm gonna call it a win.

Thus ends pickle saga.    I confess these things to encourage you guys who are doing this, or thinking of doing this... not to quit because you don't reach perfection.  Keep trucking.  Keep making progress and be mindful of good changes.  If you strive for 100% and hit 90%.... you're still making progess and not regressing your health into terrible things that happen when you ignore reality.


Haven't done a blood test all day.  I'll go do one now.   See you folks tomorrow.  4 more days.
Monday I might have a piece of cheese.
The exciting life I live.

No comments: